December 6, 2022
Are you aware of the unforeseen consequences of HDHPs & HSAs?
51% of employers now offer a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) (Gallagher, 2019) as employers are turning to HDHPs as a way to contain healthcare costs.Unfortunately, HDHPs unintentionally shift more healthcare costs to employees. In attempt to offset these costs, employers have paired HDHPs with Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), which can help narrow financial gaps, but don’t address the full financial risk. Even with employer contributions, the majority of employees struggle to adequately fund HSAs. As enrollment in HDHPs grows and deductibles increase, so does financial strain. Did you know:
- 60% of HDHP enrollees delay medical appointments and routine care (KFF, 2020)
- The increase in average deductible is 212% (2008-2018) (KFF, 2020)
- $2,500 is the average deductible (SHRM, 2020)
- There was a 53% increase in out-of-pocket healthcare spending (2006-2016) (IFEBP, 2018)
Therefore, we created a solution that has significantly reduced costs for more than 75% of clients. Our Manage to Zero Program™ features:
- NO copays & deductibles
- REDUCED or ELIMINATED out of pocket costs for all in-network services
- NO change in medical carrier required
After implementing our Manage to Zero™ Program, one organization recently had a 32% DECREASE versus their renewal. This was accomplished with their same carrier while eliminating ALL deductibles and copayments.>Schedule a Consult< for a brief introductory call to determine what our program could do for you and your employees.Since 1 of 2 US workers have left their employer after finding better benefits elsewhere (Randstad US Survey, 2018), it might be worth your time to reevaluate your benefit offerings to attract & retain top talent.